Meet The Team: Style Director Mel!
We love getting to know our clients when they come into the salon; it helps us to recommend the best styles to suit their personalities and lifestyles. But is there anything you’ve always wanted to know about your favourite Stylist or Colourist?
From common problems to top trend tips, find out more about our new Style Director Mel!
- Hairdressing for how long?
I’ve been hairdressing for over 20 years; I trained with the international company Toni & Guy.
I am a L’Oreal colour specialist but I work with both to create the perfect look for my clients.
- Most common client problem?
Hair breakage and colour fade, which can be solved with a good product prescription – Kerastase, of course – Try a reconstructive treatment like Smart-Fusio and a great hair cut.
- Your one piece of advice for clients thinking of changing their style?
Book a complimentary consultation with me, we can discuss the latest trends, colour and style ideas and we will create a bespoke look for you
- Top trends this season?
Soft Balayage, long textured layers and fringes.
- Your hair routine?
I have naturally curly hair so I use Kerastase Nutritive shampoo and hair mask every wash. I also apply a L’Oreal smart bond treatment once a week to protect and strengthen my coloured hair. I apply a heat protective product by Kerastase before blowdrying and my favourite finishing product is serum therapiste by Kerastase.
- Claim to fame? I’ve worked backstage at London Fashion Week, as well as high profile competitions and photo shoots.
- Tell us something most people don’t know about you. I am a fully qualified beauty therapist specialising in holistic therapies with a qualification in reflexology
- The best thing about working at Laura Leigh? The salon environment, friendly professional team and lovely clients. The job satisfaction I get is incredible; making people smile and feel great is pretty special.
- Favourite product/service? L’Oreal Smartbond: SMARTBOND is our new hair service that protects the hair for stronger hair fibre during lightening and colouring services.
To book your next appointment with Mel, please call the salon on 01242 530598